Friday, October 30, 2009

Web page question server?

I have uploaded my web pages to my bosses server. but this is the first time ive ever done this. does my boss still need to purchase a hosting and domain name so i can make it a web site? how to i know?



Web page question server?





If you want to setup a website you%26#039;ll also want to purchase a domain name.



You mentioned you uploaded the files to his server is this where the website will be hosted from? If so you don%26#039;t need a host - that%26#039;s what this server would be for. Aslo, if hosting from this system make sure it has a static IP address.



In addition to the above you%26#039;ll need a dns record setup that points the domain name to this computer.



You can host the dns records on the same server if you want to but you%26#039;ll need to specify the IP address of the domain server (dns) with your registrar of your domain name.



I hope this helps - if you%26#039;re still confused feel free to email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Web Host Helps © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting