Friday, October 30, 2009

How can I make web picture galleries from pictures matching a keyword search?

I have a bunch of pictures tagged with keywords (currently in iPhoto). I want to have a website where someone can search for a keyword, or choose a keyword from a list, and have a web photo gallery generated of all matching pictures. I have hosting with mySQL and PHP. I am familiar with computers, but I can NOT program this myself, I%26#039;m looking for some %26quot;easy%26quot; way to do it. A blog site or free homepage or such would be fine if they include this functionality, or a pre-made website platform I can install on my host with this functionality. It does not have to be highly customizable or elegant.



How can I make web picture galleries from pictures matching a keyword search?





I have a website with PHP and MySQL and am using Coppermine photo gallery. It%26#039;s a free software you can use to run the photo gallery on your site. Here%26#039;s an example page:



http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14...



This does come with a built-in search function. The basic search goes by the title or description of the photo, but there%26#039;s a keyword option also.



There are a lot of different themes you can use with the gallery, and there are flash tutorials and a support forum (just use the seach there) to help you out if you have any problems setting it up.



How can I make web picture galleries from pictures matching a keyword search?



No problem, I was glad when I found it too. Report It



Other Replys:You need to leanr programming in sql and php to do this. Google search tutorials for that, and get rid of that mac it sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Web Host Helps © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting