Saturday, October 24, 2009

If I don't plan on having ecommerce on my Web site do I really need a SSL certificate?

I am hosting a couple sites for my client and my own Web site and I want to know if I really need to spend all that money to purchase security certificates for all the sites.



If I don%26#039;t plan on having ecommerce on my Web site do I really need a SSL certificate?





You only need an SSL certificate if you plan on accepting credit card purchases through your website. Otherwise you do not need one.



FYI, if you do accept a lot of personal and sensitive information your users would appreciate if you used SSL to make that information secure to submit to your site but you would do just fine without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Web Host Helps © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting