Friday, October 30, 2009

I'm making my first web site for money?

I%26#039;ll be a 1 or 2 pages web site, very basic. But I have no idea how to manage the hosting and domain payment stuff. I mean, I know how to get a domain name and hosting and pay for them, but, should I give the client all paswords so that he pays for the domain yearly and for the hosting monthly or am I supposed to do that? I was thinking on making a 6 month package, and telling the customer that if he want to keep the site after that time email me and I charge some fee and renew the hosting and domain. I really have no idea how web designers usually do that stuff.



I%26#039;m making my first web site for money?





usually you can have a site hosted for one or two years and you can pay it all up front. it all depends on what you are trying to accomplish whether you have them pay for it or you do yourself, if you are going to be the continual webmaster and be making changes continuously then you might have them pay you and you buy the domain. if its going to be an occasional thing like making changes every few months, then you might want to have them purchase it and forward you the email they get to set everything up and then charge them so much for each change. that way they are the ones responsible for remembering to renew it and you can focus on other projects.



me, i just charge a one time upfront fee for building the website then the person buys the domain and gives me the info to set it up and i do the occasional change they ask for free cuz usually it%26#039;s just a minor change and only takes a few minutes to do.



I%26#039;m making my first web site for money?



Please, do not do it.



Your question is vague.



I charge a domain fee of $15.00 a year, a hosting fee of $15.00 a month, i bill in a 6 month block.



Your new to me, thats one domain $15.00, plus $15.00 a month billed in a six month invoice.



Thats $90.00 hosting plus your domain is $105.00



Easy



Other Replys:there are so many domain providing company so please, contact them and book the url they provide you id and password so via this you can upload your site if you want to free so search on search engine with these keywords%26quot;domain hosting companies%26quot; or %26quot;free domain hosting companies%26quot; so , u get the lots of result the contact them and book urs url



Other Replys:No do not give password to anybody, web hosting charges are paid yearly.



One you have bought a domain and webhosting. You can contact a web designer to code your website and send it to you in .zip format you unzip and upload it to your webhost. Check websites like http://getafreelnacer.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Web Host Helps © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting