Friday, October 30, 2009

I have a web server running on my computer how can I HOST MP3'S from my computer *** well?

And reference then in my HTML so my friends can download them?? NOTE: I don%26#039;t want to use a foreign hosting service



I have a web server running on my computer how can I HOST MP3%26#039;S from my computer *** well?





You just link them with:



%26lt;a href=%26quot;your_file.mp3%26quot;%26gt;your_file.mp3%26lt;/a%26gt;



Its like any other link. You might instruct people to right click and have them save the link as a file. By default, clicking on it would start playing it.



I have a web server running on my computer how can I HOST MP3%26#039;S from my computer *** well?



One really good, visitor-friendly way to do it? Embed a Flash player that will let people play the MP3%26#039;s without downloading.



I normally use the Drupal content management system for this, and it%26#039;s set of Flash tools...



http://drupal.org



http://drupal.org/project/swftools



Both are free and if the server running on your machine is Apache/MySQL/PHP then you%26#039;re good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Web Host Helps © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting