Sunday, May 23, 2010

Where can I find detailed, step-by-step physically setting up and hosting my own domain?

I would like to find a very detailed reference(s) for setting up all components associated with hosting my own domain, including the network components, server components (O/S, web server, etc.) and especially security for hosting my own domain on a static IP address.



Where can I find detailed, step-by-step physically setting up and hosting my own domain?





You seem to have skipped a step, defining your requirements. You can host a domain with a 486pc and a modem connected to an ISP but would you want to, unlikely! What is it you actually want to do? When you know that, then you can investigate the hardware and software required to accomplish the task.



Where can I find detailed, step-by-step physically setting up and hosting my own domain?



www.tripod.com



Other Replys:Hi



Basically you can select two kinds of hosting.



1. shared hosting



2. dedicated hosting.



Shared hosting is good for starters. In shared hosting your site will be hosted in a server which shared by many people. But if you think you need something dedicated then you can get dedicated hosting.



I am using the following three for my clients



www.verio.com



www.netandhost.com



www.hostjack.co.uk



www.melbourneit.com.au



All three provide online registration. Select whichever pack you want and pay thru credit card. Basically your site gets activated instantly. Try emailing them. I am sure customer care team will help you to select the right package. You can also select the domain thru the site and block it instantly. Its very easy and you just need to follow the instructions in site.



Thanks



Webmaster 4 India

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Web Host Helps © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting