Sunday, May 23, 2010

Web page question?

I have a web page, and I want to put some pictures on it. I figured out how to do it on frontpage, but when I put it on, it comes up with a little red X that I know means it%26#039;s being censored by my computer. The image is a pic of a Harry Potter book. It is in an allowed format by bravnet (my host) and I have tried many times to get it right. How can I make it show up uncensored so I can see it when I go to the page? Do I need to do something with my browser, msn explorer? I use frontpage to make web pages, my page is hosted by bravenet, and I am using msn explorer to look at it, although I have the same problem with intranet explorer. Can anyone help?



Here is the problamatic page



www.dahp.bravehost.com



Web page question?





I%26#039;ll check it out.



Are you sure the image Book1.jpg is in a folder called images? You need to write the correct directory structure so that the picture points to the correct place.



Make sure that the image is in that folder called /images because from what I can tell, it is not. If its in the SAME directory as your index.html page, then make sure you get rid of the folder name /images. If you lead the img src path to the wrong place, then it will show that X because it cant find it.



Is this your picture?



http://www.dahp.bravehost.com/Book1.jpg



Click on the above link, is that the picture? If it is, then you need to get rid of the images directory on your webpage. Just make it %26lt;img src=%26quot;Book1.jpg%26quot;%26gt;



Web page question?



The image source is %26quot;images/Book1.jpg%26quot;



make sure that file exists from the root directory of your webpage and make sure the spelling (including case) is exactly right.



That%26#039;s all I got.



Other Replys:Looks likes the folder %26quot;images%26quot; doesnt excist on your server.



1- make a folder and put your picture in there



or



2- chage your html code%26quot;images/book1.jpg%26quot; to %26quot;book1.jpg%26quot;



Other Replys:It seems that you don%26#039;t have the picture in the images folder.



if you go to this link you%26#039;ll see what I mean.



http://www.dahp.bravehost.com/images/Boo...



By typing this link, it should show that picture on Internet Explorer.



Verify that you have the image %26quot;Book1.jpg%26quot; in the images folder. Another thing is that you don%26#039;t need to put the hole path for the image.



http://www.dahp.bravehost.com/images/Boo...



You can just put %26lt;img src=%26quot;/images/Book1.jpg%26quot;%26gt;

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Web Host Helps © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting